World Suicide Prevention Day Webinar
Tasmania has the highest rate of male suicide in Australia and is currently developing a new Suicide Prevention Strategy.
On the eve of World Suicide Prevention Day (Saturday 10 September), the Australian Men’s Health Forum and Men’s Resources Tasmania released a new report called “Time to act on male suicide in Tasmania”.
In this webinar, the case for the inclusion of a Male Suicide Action Plan was presented.
- Glen Poole, CEO, Australian Men’s Health Forum
- Jonathan Bedloe, Men’s Resources Tasmania
- Christopher Stone, Policy Manager, Suicide Prevention Australia
In this webinar we:
- Present the latest facts and figures on male suicide in Australia
- Explore the key risk factors that are linked to male suicide base on coroner’s reports
- Provide Tasmanian data that challenges the myth that suicide men “don’t get help”